“They are always numbered“
With the present project “Telemetry, automation, energy savings and control of leaks, of the Water supply networks of the Municipality of Messina” included in the B.P. “TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE, ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT” 2014-2020 €
• Detailed Design of the integrated Telemetry and Automation system of all aqueducts & water supply networks.
• Modernization of all the electromechanical installations of the Drillings, propulsion units and Tanks, that are not included in the existing telemetry network, in order to implement the Leak Control, the Remote Control and their automation. Included are a total amount of (98) network head installations, ie (26) Drilling, (51) Tank-Water Towers, (9) pumping stations, (12) tanks with pumping stations. Each installation can include more than one type of network header. The category of all these facilities is coded with the designation L.C.E. (Local Control Stations)
• The installation of flow, pressure and level measuring instruments at the outlets of the secondary Reservoirs of the Municipalities for the needs of the Leakage Control System where in combination with the measuring instruments of the TSE will be recorded all the produced and available water for consumption and distribution. (invisible leaks in pipes, malfunctioning consumer water meters and illegal connections).
• The installation of new instruments and automation systems for the needs of the Energy Saving System (reduction of PPC bills through energy meters, starters and regulators of pump speeds, elimination of reactive power, etc.) in the existing facilities of the Water supply network.
• The installation and interconnection of the water quality control instruments that are already in operation or to be installed in each appropriate Network Head (mainly Tanks & Drillings) and their integration in the Telemetric quality monitoring system.
• The preparation and implementation of an appropriate hydraulic strategy and detailed simulation model and the redesign of new supply zones and leakage control in order to improve the supply of the Municipality with a more rational water supply system.
• The installation of a Wireless Communication Transponders system between the BSE and the KSE that will ensure the seamless, safe, and without Telecommunication fees the Remote Control and Remote Control of all the facilities.
• The communication study envisages the installation of 6 Transponders (ANA) in addition to the Wireless communication devices in each TSE.
• The installation of a Central Control System (CPC) in Messina that aims to collect all data from local facilities and their overall processing for the immediate and global presentation of water balances, the management of the system under water regime, the analysis of data for management inventories, strategy forecasting, demand forecasting, support for water resources decisions and operating rules. The category of these installations is coded as KSE. Also the total monitoring of the Networks will be possible through Portable Control Stations (FSE) type laptop.
• Supply and installation of all software required for the operation of the System.
• Supply and installation of the instruments mentioned in the study (supply, pressure, etc)
• Factory acceptance tests and on-site acceptance tests (field tests).
• Completion tests and delivery of the System.
• Delivery of drawings, operation and maintenance manuals (documentation).
• Training of the staff of the Service in the operations, the support and the maintenance of the System.